The 13th Annual Silva Bay Shipyard School Launch Festival – April 15-17th 2011
There was a lot of energy at the school prior to and during the launch, and it was a fun event! WWBA participating boats were offered a preferential rate at Silva Bay Marina, and there was room for other boats to anchor out. The participants received fresh biscuits and bread delivered to their boats each morning.
Friday April 15th
- Guest boat arrival and informal meet and greet at the Silva Bay Pub
- Graduation Ceremony and Dinner
Some photos taken at the festival:
[wppa type=”cover” album=”17″ target=”_blank”][/wppa]
Saturday April 16th:
9:30 am Rob Abernethy – Restoration of a 6 Meter
11:00 am Arnt Arntzen – The Story of Oden
12:30 am Fred Withey – The History of Withey Shipyard at Silva Bay
Boat Launch: 2:00 pm
- Three beautifully crafted wooden vessels, built by the students, were carried to the water, formally launched, the sails were tested and then the students celebrated.
Silent Auction: Last Bid 3:00 pm
There were lots of choice items that went for a song…
Children’s Festival – All day
- Boat Building
- Face Painting
- Pirate Treasure Hunt
- Radio Controlled Sail Boat Race – 11:00 am – 1:00 pm
- Children’s Boat Launch – including a Viking Ship
- Water Activities – Kayaking and Sailing
Launch party and Live Music at the Silva Bay Pub
- Excellent food and great service.
Sunday April 17th:
- Pancake Breakfast 9:00 – 11:00 am
- Family Rowing and Sailing Races 11:00 am – 2:00 pm
- Raffle Draw 2:00 pm
- Afternoon guest boat sail-by.